Friday 14 November 2014

Artisan Profile: Dragonfly Dreamers

Dragonfly Dreamers
Dragonfly Dreamers’ main focus is jewelry created using a combination of metal smithing techniques. Anything from sawing, stamping, and hammering, to riveting and patinas may be used on a single creation.  Artist Wendy Southin also creates altered art pieces on canvas, mirrors, and other interesting objects with a vintage, grungy look and feel.

“I’m inspired by texture and layers in everyday life and nature itself and this is reflected in my work. I use a variety of elements and techniques in both my jewelry and altered art creations. Although my favourite metal to use in jewelry is copper, you will also find other metals, semi-precious beads, found objects and resin.  My altered art projects are created with anything from paper to paint and ink, to metal embossing and found objects.”

Dragonfly Dreamers will be at the Goulbourn Museum's Old-Fashioned Christmas & Outdoor Artisan Market from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 30th.

Dragonfly Dreamers: Facebook | Etsy | Website | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment