Costumed actors will bring historical figures from the War of 1812 to life at the 2013 Annual Historical Walking Tour at Beechwood Cemetery this Sunday, June 9 at 2 p.m.
The tour includes five stops at the gravesites of men and women of note from the war including Sgt. Andrew Hill and his wife Maria Hill who were part of the 100th Regiment of Foot. Following the war, Sgt. Hill received 200 acres of land in Goulbourn Township. He and Maria opened a tavern named Duke of Richmond Arms and he also worked as a clerk in the commissary offices that supervised the military depot until 1822.
Don’t miss this stroll through beautiful and historic Beechwood, the National Cemetery of Canada. Refreshments will be served after the tour. Enter by Beechwood Avenue entrance. Tour and parking are free. Wear good walking shoes.
For more information call 613-741-9530 or visit Beechwood's website for more information.